?

Log in

No account? Create an account
~*~*Ladies*of*Judo*~*~

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Monday, August 20th, 2012
6:12 pm - индусы всесильно поддерживают пузи райот!

life455
индусы всесильно поддерживают пузи райот!
там ещо есть непотребные дефки
из специального непотребного храма!



мы индо арийцы! поддержим! ыыы!

(comment on this)

Wednesday, September 24th, 2008
8:07 pm - Hi
bob_bobble Well, I'm new to this community so hi!

I've been doing judo for just over 2 years, coupla months ago I was training 6 times a week but I've got really fed up of the all-girls club I was going to so I've got out of there.
It's great coz I feel much calmer now they're not being all dramatic at me all the time cept now I'm only training twice a week at another, amazing club.

Tho I'm having physio for my knees and ankles (yes, plural) so who knows what'll happen then.

(comment on this)

Sunday, August 10th, 2008
6:54 pm

evil_caffine
 Hiiii..! I'm new to this community so it's only right I post =] 

So, I'm Steph and I'm 15. 

I started judo when i was about 10 then went twice a week for about 3 years. I quit about a year and a half ago because
a] I had no one to work with because I was/am a blue belt over 65k  
b] the people who i could work with where bitches and just.. horrible c] my whole family is really into the sport and i felt like my mum was really forcing me into it. In fact, when i refused to go she stopped me from going to town for a year. Yes, i mean a year and
c] I kept missing competions and i love them so much!

But I watched the olympics judo and it made me realise how much i miss it, especially the competions. 

So i've spent the last hors going over throws (o-goshi and the spring hip throw which i think is called tsuri kome goshi or something] with my brother and I'm going back in september. 

So yey me and my brother. And especially yey to the people who competed in Beijing. 

xxxx

(comment on this)

Friday, January 27th, 2006
7:52 pm - Hello!

geckobrat
I thought I would say hello and introduce myself. Judo ROCKS!!

I am 25 years old. I did Judo for about 2 years when I was 16 maybe. I haven't been in it since because the town I moved to hasn't even heard the word Judo lol. Sucks. I got my green belt and was quite proud of myself. I qualified for the junior olympics but my parents were losers and didn't want to drive me to the practices. Who knows? I coulda been the next gold medal winner for the US. Hmpf.

I'll get back in it one day... somehow. I tried karate but eh..

(1 comment | comment on this)

Tuesday, July 26th, 2005
7:18 pm - !!

crazyizzat
Hi everyone,
I hadnt been to judo for at least 2 months before last monday. Damn it felt good to be back. I havent even forgotten anything, im going for blue belt soon. YAY!!!! *smiles* Theres training tomorrow and i cant wait coz ive had the urge to do hard core physical activity for the last couple of days (i didnt train monday coz i felt too sick but now im fine so nothin is gettin in my way of training) two days a week is just not good enough i wish there were more training sessions. I feel so bouncy...boing boing!!

current mood: bouncy

(2 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, July 20th, 2005
12:01 am

judo_ka
Dis is e 1st post im posting here.. hope I'm not actually spamming up the place.. >.<.. niwae..
i'm 13 dis year.. i take judo in school.. as an co-curriculum activity.. [a.k.a cca] niwae.. im a yellow belt.. dont think im very good.. e most i can get is bronze.. T.T.. and i think how far u can go also depend on luck.. cuz if ur against an extremly strong opponent in you're first round den dats too bad.. T.T..
also.. i just found out that there were really alot more members than I thought.. and I thought there were only about 3 initially.. cuz only 3 people posted stuff up here..
wargh.. has to finish up hw..

current mood: nothing

(5 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, May 21st, 2005
1:31 pm

cherry_blossomz
Things are getting alittle better in my Judo class. You see what happened is that the two main Judo instructors at our dojo left and one of them I really looked up to. She was the only female instructor at our dojo. I guess the other instructor left because of differences between the karate instructor and since he left so did the female instrucotr.

I'm still sad because I liked the way we did things when they did class. Don't get me wrong I like the new Judo instructors that we have now. There really nice people and they are fun to train with but they do things so differently. It feels like I have to learn everything over again. Its like every throw, even my favorit throw sao-nagi, is wrong. They showed me such a different way to do it than what I learnt. Its confusing but I think I'm picking it up pretty quickly.

Also we don't practace throws on both sides which I think is weird because I have equally efective throws on both sides and we hardly ever get to practace both sides. If I'm with one of the instructors practacing throws they always tell me "no, just on your left side". I'm just scared that I'm going to have great throws on one side but then when I need a throw on the other side that I'm not going to have it. Do you ladies practace all of your technique on both sides?

(2 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, May 18th, 2005
3:47 am - INTRO OF SORTS
faylen Hi guys, or should I say girls, lol.
This is my first lj community, or well one of the first three as I just joined two other martial arts groups along with this one, so bare with me as I figure it all out.

I am way way new at Judo and martial arts in general. I took a different one when I was about 15, 14 years ago, for a few months but got out of it because the instructor was giving me the creeps. Besides that, the kicking and punching was just not for me, partly because of my personality, partly because I'm blind and I find it hard to aim for something I can't see. Maybe that's just me though. Anyway, after years of wanting to get back into something that would teach me self defense, provide a closer contact type sport, and challenge me while building my strength and endurance, I decided to try judo. My first class was two weeks ago and we go twice a week, so my fifth lesson was last night. I love it, absolutely love it! The only problem I'm having is keeping up with all the terms, I need them written down or something. The main thing is the throws, I need something that has the terms for the throws with descriptions, not pictures lol.

Anyway, just thought I'd stop by and say hi.

current mood: sleepy but can't sleep, ugh!

(3 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, May 7th, 2005
11:21 am

cherry_blossomz
:::Sigh:::: Today is a really sad day. Two minouts ago the only female Judo instructor at my dojo told me that one of the other Judo insturctors at my dojo isint going to be teaching the Judo program anymore at our dojo anymore because of differences between the karate instructor (my shihan) and since he wasn't going to go there anymore than neither was she. I'm really sad because I really looked up to her. I wish that they would get over any differences they had because I'm really going to miss having class with the both of them. I'm sure everyone else is going to feel the same way.

this will also be posted in the bushido babes comunity

(comment on this)

Friday, April 8th, 2005
3:01 pm

cherry_blossomz
The strangest thing happened yesturday returning from my Judo class. My mom and I stoped at the supermarket to pick up some milk and some more food for my dog and I was still in my gi (uniform). As I went to go get the milk this older couple came up to me.

The old man said "Oh you're a karate master?" and I was like "no I'm still learning." then he replyed "Oh thats good. Its good exceicise. Just make sure that you don't tell any of the boys that you take karate because guys don't like girls like that. You might not get a boyfriend if you tell them that."

Now first of all I was thinking to myself "I dont even know you why would you say something like that to me?!?" But then I really thaught about it. I would NEVER lie about myself and keep it a secret. I think that being in the martial arts is apart of me. Its who I am. I'm not going to lie to a guy just because I think that they wouldn't like me if they knew. I mean I'm not going to run around and flaunt it but I'm not going to keep it this big mistery. I think that a person should like you the way you are. If a guy ever had a problem with me being a martial artist I'd be like see you latter. I would never give it up for any guy. Pluss most of the guys that I've met were pretty cool about it (I mean I got a few who were intimidated but I've had mostly positive reactions)

I don't know. This was really the first time that I've ever had someone come up to me and say something neggative about me being in the martial arts. I mean any other time when I'm in my uniform in public I usually don't get any comments or if I do its just people saying oh thats cool keep it up or something. (I don't really wear it in public that often but its just when I do). I told my friend about what happened and she told me that I shouldn't go out in public with my uniform on but I mean I'm not going to hide every time I'm wearing it in public. I mean what am I supposed to do? Wear a paper bag over my head? I'm proud to be a martial artist. I don't want to be hiding. I dont want to be faking. I just want to be me.

Has anyone else had random people come up to you and commented about you being in the martial arts? What do you think about wearing your uniform in public?

This will also be posted in the bushido babes comunity

(1 comment | comment on this)

Tuesday, March 15th, 2005
10:08 pm - judo

deive
I took a month off from judo. I had grown hesitant from injuries. my dojo was careless and sloppy. so I got a new dojo. I went last night. It was great. they taught technique better and the matts were nicer even though they were just foam. alot of new people to work with too.

(2 comments | comment on this)

6:05 am

gweneth_syeira
Could anyone clue me in on something?

Morote Gari I know is double leg...but I just can't find out what single leg take down is, the Japanese word for it. Help please? Mucho thankies in advance.

(8 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2005
2:57 pm

cherry_blossomz
Last night was the first part of my Judo testing. I don't think think that I did as good as I could have. I'm actually really ashamed of myself. I did good up untill my sensei said "Everybody take a seat." and then as I went to go sit he added "except you Krisitne". He wanted me to show everyone the technique that we just did pluss some other things that just poped into his head. And I was thinking "oh great. Everyones watching! What if I mess this up! I'll be the laughfing stalk of the dojo!" And of corse thinking that I did mess it up. Badly. Everything went fine with that untill he had a higher ranking student grab my wrist with both of his hands. I knew what to do but just knowing that people were watching and that my sensei was watching my every move I messed up. Then when I did matwork with my sensei I was thinking what to do too much instead of just letting it flow and I got pinned every time. I think I did verry well in rondori though. I didn't think that my sensei was watching me so just let go and did some verry sucsessfull combinations. I came to find out that he was watching latter. I don't know why I get that way but whenever I feel like someone is watching me do my technique I get nervous and I mess up. Dose anyone else feel this way?

Well tomorow is test #2. I have to study for accademics. Dose anyone else have to memorise accademics for there test?

This will also be posted in the bushido_babes comunity

(comment on this)

Sunday, February 27th, 2005
9:05 am

cherry_blossomz
I'm finally back from key west. I went for a week. It was awfull flying back because the first plane came two hours late. Then we almost missed the second plane. The third plane said that our seats were cancled so we had to take the next plane which was an hour and a half wait. Then when we arived at Boston they lost our bags. I'm never flying with Continental Airlines again! ::Sigh::: (sorry had to vent allittle)

But now I have Judo and Ju-Jutsu testing to make up all of this week and all of next week because I missed the real testing. I'm so scared that I'm not going to do as well because I didn't have time to practace while in Key West. I'm scared that I'm going to do awful. I'm probably going to keel over and die. :(


This will also be posted in the Bushido_Babes comunity

(comment on this)

Saturday, February 12th, 2005
1:12 pm - Just Allittle Worried....

cherry_blossomz
I'm happy because next saturday I'm leaving for Key west. The only thing is that I have Judo and Jujutsu testing on Tuseday, Thursday, and Saturday of that week. My sensei is ok with the fact that I can't be there but I'm allittle disapointed because I've been training and practacing extra hard for this. I guess I have to make it up the week after or something. I'm just scared that I'll get to Key west and have no time to practace or anything.

By the way do you like the new apperance of the comunity?

current mood: worried

(comment on this)

Thursday, February 10th, 2005
9:04 pm - errr... grrr....

deive
so I get to the dojo and I find out that the heat was shut off. it's 20 degree's outside and there we are trying to do judo with no heat. so I roll with it. we'll be running around and working out. one person takes off. says he doesn't feel up to it. ok, so it's me and a guy that has been there for a bit over a month and the teacher. the guy is still keeping my arm so I can't slap. at least 5 times he kept my arm and the sensei got kind of huffy when I made a big deal of it. he cranked my neck darn it. he did it tuesday and then again today. I understand that they are worried about new people not sticking around but I'm about to take my dues and go elsewhere. I leave almost every class with at least a bruise or two. worse that has happened it's a three way between broken foot, broken nose, or swollen knee.

I did learn 2 new throws today though.

posted in ladies_of_judo bushido_babes an deive

(6 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, January 26th, 2005
6:25 am - class

deive
class went well. we warmed up on the ground like usual. my teacher said my ground work felt like it was flowing well and my transitions were great. then I had a hard time breathing and had to sit out for a min but that's ok cause the ground work was getting hard on my nose. (probably broke it a few weeks ago). then we did throws and the teacher finally started treating me like a middle level student. usually I'm working with kids or white belts so I'm usually going over the basics over and over. it is good to have a solid base but it was getting well boring. I wanted to work on some of the tougher stuff but we also didn't want me hurting people. so I was doing basics over and over. finally he said that I should start working on taking one of the basic throws and having my partner stiff arm me so that I then go in for the tougher throw I'd gotten to work on last week. yeah. o soto gari attempt to uchi mata. it was great. one of the reasons I got to practice something a bit more tough is that one of the high school wrestlers that trains with us came to class and he's a bit tougher. still since it was toward the end of class I just marked the uchi mata so I wouldn't end up planting him into the ground. well thanks for listening to me babble.

(comment on this)

Thursday, January 13th, 2005
3:36 pm

cherry_blossomz
This year I promissed myself to participate in a compitition but I wanted to get more into shape before I went so I wouldn't get killed. I don't really know how to prepare myself because I've never been to one so I really don't know what to expect. Dose anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare myself for a Judo compitition or any tips I might need? Any help would be greatly apriciated!

This will also be posted at the Bushido Babes comunity

current mood: determined

(4 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, January 8th, 2005
12:09 am - grrrr

deive
I'm so upset. the information on a flier I had for a judo competition this weekend was misleading. it showed a beginners shiai on saturday and masters and senior divisions on sunday. it said at the bottom that the beginners was for people with white through greenbelts. several pages later it shows that beginners seniors is on sunday. now it's part my fault since I didn't read all the way through but I'm upset that it was unclear. now can't make the competition because I have to work sunday. I'm going to try to talk to some people at work and see if I can switch shifts with someone but it's unlikely. I'm not really ready for it anyway. grrr.

(1 comment | comment on this)

Thursday, January 6th, 2005
11:10 pm - dojo

deive
I'm currently thinking about switching dojo's. the dojo I'm going to is so full of drama. it's driving me nuts. sometimes I get there only to find out that no one with a key was able to make it. other times I find out that only the self defense class teacher was able to make it. while he is very good at what he does he doesn't know much about judo. this week I went on tuesday and thursday. with a competition this weekend I wanted to be well practiced. however neither of the judo teachers showed up either day. I mostly taught the class on tuesday (I'm an orange belt). today it was a bit better because 4 people showed up to take the class and the self defense teacher and brown belt for the self defense class showed up. so while they didn't know alot of judo there were plenty of people to practice on.

other then the drama I found out that the phone has been disconnected and the rent on the building is past due. I'm not paying anymore money until I find out that we aren't going to be kicked out.

*sigh*

this will also be posted to bushido_babes

(1 comment | comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com